Friday, December 02, 2005

Famous Canadian SF writer loves new Doctor Who!

Okay, that's a bit of a snarky title. Still, it's true. Robert J. Sawyer has won the Hugo and Nebula awards (among many others).
An interview with Robert J. Sawyer

:::snip:::

SFC: How did you enjoy the latest Doctor Who season?

Sawyer: I thought it was absolutely terrific. I've got a total crush on Billie Piper, who I gather is a pop star in the UK. I'd never encountered her before the new series started airing. And I'm really sorry that Christopher Eccleston has left; I thought he was great. Episodes like Dalek and Father's Day absolutely blew me away. I'm looking forward to the next season. As you know if you read the ending credits, the new Doctor Who is a co-production with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and I got to do a lot of commentary for the CBC's documentary The Planet Of The Doctor, which was tremendous fun. By the way, since people are always curious, my favourite classic Doctor was Jon Pertwee.
Not that we need famous people to like Doctor Who in order for us to like it, but it's always nice when someone prominent - especially someone prominent in the field - is willing to speak out so publicly and so enthusiastically about sharing our addiction.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?